How would you rate your storytelling skills?
- I can weave in elements of the same story that keep my audience enthralled through a full day online workshop
- Stories-schmories. I deal with facts. I don’t need no stinkin’ stories to get my point across.
- “In a world where stories ruled, there was once a professional speaker who…”
- I tell several great stories – the elements of the story are great, but I need help delivering them in a funnier or more captivating style.
Professional speakers run speaking businesses. There is more to it that a great speech. Could you improve in any of these areas?
- Keeping more of my money in my OWN pockets
- Harnessing the power of your CRM to convert more leads into customers
- Growing your Speaking Business with Marketing automation
- Social media strategies that CONVERT prospects into PAYING CLIENTS.
- Building and leveraging membership sites or online courses
- Engaging virtual audiences effectively and creatively
- How to live-stream and podcast at the same time
- Tech – the new must-know tools of the trade
How are you doing in the virtual arena?
- Zoom, Microsoft Teams, WebEx – bring on all the platforms. I have used them all – and used them well.
- I’m great on Zoom, but I need help with other platforms!
- I’m okay doing virtual talks, but I need tips on speaking at hybrid events!
- Platforms aren’t the issue – I just wish I could connect with a virtual audience the same way I do to a live audience
- Can anyone actually deliver a compelling keynote AND respond to chat at the same time? HELP!
- I’m not doing virtual, either because I don’t know how, or I’d rather stick porcupine quills in my eyes.
How well do you think you know ‘what’s hot and what’s not in events that feature professional speakers?
- I have been delivering the same things the same way for the past 15 years, and no one has complained. I have a good handle on it.
- I used to know, back in the BC era (Before Covid) but now it feels like it’s the wild, wild west!
- It’s like I’m Vulcan mind-melding with event planners: I understand their clients’ primary pain points, what’s hot in terms of messages, and what clients love, and what drives clients nuts about working with speakers
- I know the right questions to ask event planners to unearth what they need and give them the confidence they need when booking a speaker
- Pants are overrated
- A fully dressed and polished outside helps create a well-polished presentation.
- I installed a sandbox in my office so I can go barefoot while presenting
- I will never be able to wear dress shoes or high heels again!
- Yes, and I have been one for just under 10 years
- Not yet – but I want to be 😉
- No, but I once met a speaker and they seemed rather awesome!
- I have been rocking it on stage and off for more than 10 years
You need to know if you are in the speaking business.