“Oh, I could never do videos – I hate how I look on camera” “No way man, it looks way too hard. I’m too busy to do that” ‘I don’t have a professional recording studio” Or “It is too expensive to edit.”
And the excuses go on and on. But it is time to accept the facts.
Video Marketing is ‘A Thing’. It is time to accept it and move on.
In a world of marketing consumables, multi device delivery methods and time crunches, video marketing reigns supreme right now, especially for professional speakers. Your prospective clients are turning to YouTube to get a taste of your personality, your brand and your style even before they visit your website. In fact, chances are they are even consuming your Facebook Live videos as well. So, if that is true, what are you doing to make video work harder for you?
We have an entire series coming up soon all about video marketing, but here’s a snapshot of some of the things you can start on right now.
- Film videos about things your tribe wants to know
You can create amazing videos, professionally shot – the whole bit, but if your tribe is not interested in what you have to say what is the point? While yes, you are putting all the work into creating videos, so you grow your marketing platform, but if your videos don’t serve your tribe, you are wasting time and money.
How do you know what they are hungry for? Ask them. I know it is a super simple answer, but it is the best I can give. You can guess of course and look at what your competitors are doing, but the best way to find your topics is to ask the people you serve what they want.
- Think keywords first
Look at your Analytics and your stats. What is your tribe consuming right now? What are the trending keywords in your subject matter? If you have things like Keyword Hero or other tracking software pay attention to what people are looking for. If your people are tying in “How to better video marketing for professional speakers” – that is what you will title your video. That is what your video should be about. Don’t try to over complicate it.In a world of marketing consumables, multi-device delivery methods and time crunches, video marketing reigns supreme right now, especially for professional speakers Click To Tweet
- Great video takes practice
Just because you are an amazing professional speaker, doesn’t mean you are fantastic at filming videos right off the bat. It took years of practice and training to become good at your speaking craft – it will take time to get there with this as well. Done is better than perfect.
- Plan out your content.
For Facebook Lives, Twitter and Instagram videos you can be a bit more spur of the moment, but for website and YouTube video it pays to follow a video template. I will be talking about a few different ways to structure your content, so it impacts your audience and feeds the SEO machines, but here is a great and simple starter flow.
Title: Easy Video Marketing for Speakers
Description: A quick start guide for professional speakers who want to make video marketing easy
Tags: #easy #ProfessionalSpeakers #Marketing #VideoMarketing #EasyVideoMarketing
- Do you want to include video in your marketing plan but always seem to stop short of pulling the trigger? I get it, video took me a while to come to terms with as well, but I am here to share with you four simple things you can do today to make video marketing for speakers easier.
- I’m Lauren Pibworth and my team and I have been working with professional speakers for over 10 years to help them get on more stages, spread their message and fill their pocketbooks.
- “Oh, I could never do videos – I hate how I look on camera” “No way man, it looks way too hard. I’m too busy to do that” ‘I don’t have a professional recording studio” Or “It is too expensive to edit.”. I heard all that and more when I tried to talk to my clients about doing video marketing. The excuses seem endless, but I knew that video marketing would work for my clients. I knew that decision makers were looking for video and I knew that optimizing their speaker websites would be much easier if we included video elements. I had to come up with a way to make video marketing easy for them
- How To
- I decided to create a video and blog series outlining 4 easy steps and showing them how easy video marketing for speakers could be. You are watching Video One of this series.
- Talk about these 4 things I have already outlined in the blog post
- So, to recap, talk about things your tribe wants to know, use keywords well, practice and plan. It is really not rocket science once you get the hang of it.
- Call to Action
- If you are one of those who is on the fence, I invite you to take the plunge and see how easy video marketing can be for speakers. In fact, head on over to my website www.pibworthps.com and check out all the resources I have there for you. Everything from video marketing to websites to branding – everything you need is all on the blog.
One more tip. Don’t read your script. Plan it out yes, and develop some ‘catch phrases’ that you use all the time but don’t read it. Listening to you read robs you of all of your authenticity – and it feels like death by PowerPoint. 😉